Dating and the Holidays
Can A New Relationship Survive The Holidays? What About Being Single During Those Family Gatherings?
With work holiday parties coming up, News Years Eve, and the weather getting colder we tend to want to share those experiences with a special someone so sometimes we rush into things that we normally wouldn’t rush into any other time of year. So if you recently got into a romantic relationship, here are some tips from Houston Matchmaker at VIP Matchmaking Events to try and make the spark last longer than the holiday season:
1. Don’t bring them to the Family Thanksgiving or Christmas family gathering. - DO bring them to social events such as work holiday parties or a New Years Eve party that does not involve family
2. Don’t get them expensive gifts for Christmas - DO go out on a nice dinner in lieu of a materialistic gift
3. Don’t post on social media about your new found partner to avoid extra pressure - The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers supported this trend by reporting a staggering 81% of divorce attorneys identifying that Facebook played a role in the demise of marital bliss - DO follow their lead in regards to bringing them around your friends etc.
If you have not found that special someone, know that it is completely ok to be single around this time (or any other time for that matter!) Here are some tips
1. Go alone to the holiday party! It might sound dreadful but you never know if your coworker might bring a friend -PS wear Red! Recent research from the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology suggests that red gets us “in the mood” for more than just eggnog and gift-giving—it also increases how attractive and sexually desirable we find other people.
2. If family members ask why you are single, don’t be afraid to let them know that you are focusing on yourself
3. Spend time with family and friends!
4. FOCUS ON YOURSELF! Buy yourself a gift :)